During this stage 4 tasks must be completed
– approval by the local appointment approval committee
– approval by the Commissioner
– DBS cleared
– references received
At pre-provisional stage an adult cannot carry out any duties of the appointment, nor should the appointment be announced and if no previous appointment held/current then only limited supervised involvement with young people can be made.
During this stage you cannot attend any training courses.
Provisional appointment status
An adult will be:
Provisionally undertaking a Scouting role
Completing the getting started learning and validation
Full appointment status
Getting started training validated
How to find out:
You may directly check the status of an appointment on our membership services system.
- Go to compass.scouts.org.uk > Login or Regsiter (& then login)
- Click on the ‘My Profile‘ link in the top menu bar
- Click the ‘Roles‘ tab
- You will see your status listed in the ‘status’ column.
- Click ‘View‘ for further details.
If you have a pre-provisional appointment you need to check the progress of this with your Group Scout Leader, District Commissioner or Appointment Advisory Committee Secretary.