Do I need a risk assessment?

Yes all Scout Activities including nights away and adventurous activities require a written risk assessment POR 9.4 For more support on writing a risk assessment check out the Scouts website

Does my permit need renewing?

Yes. All Activity and Nights Away permits periodically need renewing. The maximum a permit can be granted for by a commissioner 5 years. Please ensure you check To renew a nights away permit you will need to complete the following…

Read More

How can I gain a permit?

The nights away permit scheme is an internal assessment scheme designed to ensure that all those leading nights away events for young people within Scouting have the skills, experience and personal suitability to do so. To gain a permit you…

Read More

What is InTouch?

InTouch is the system that helps you to communicate at all Scout activities and events. It’s flexible and lets Units, Groups and Sections work out the best way to keep in touch during these activities. At any Scouting activity, you…

Read More

What’s a Nights Away Passport?

Nights Away Event Passports exist to enable young people in the Scout and Explorer Scout sections, who are deemed suitably skilled, to undertake a nights away activity as a peer group. Examples of this include patrol camps and expeditions. Nights…

Read More

Who can run Nights Away experiences?

To run a Nights Away experience a nights away permit is required. There are different levels of permit that allow you to take young people on different types of residential experiences.

Whos approval do I need?

All Nights Away Notifications for Nights Away activities (including events involving adults only) will be approved directly by the District Commissioner (or their Deputy) and must be submitted via to ensure all the information provided on the form complies to the requirements…

Read More