Scout Districts exist to provide direction, guidance, line management and support to Scout Groups. Support can be in lots of different forms whether it’s just being a friendly team to talk to when things aren’t working or even when they are; to organising large scale events or taking on some of the administrative burden that inevitably comes with running a charity.
We’re really proud of what we are able to offer in our District and we are continuously striving to do more to support the leaders delivering fantastic programmes and life changing opportunities to young people in our community.
By 2023 we will have prepared more young people with skills for life, supported by amazing leaders delivering an inspiring programme.
How Cotswold Edge helps groups achieve this
- Networking opportunities to share best practice and ideas with other volunteers
- Practical skills events for adult volunteers
- Young Leader provision
- Large scale events for young people
- A regular youth forum where young people can have a voice and shape their Scout experience
- International opportunities for young people to meet Scouts from other countries and cultures
- Health & Safety guidance and advice
- Awards and recognition to ensure all our volunteers are properly thanked
- A vetting and appointments process to ensure we have the right people in the right roles and new volunteers are given a warm welcome
- Financial support through our leadership development and hardship funds to ensure everyone has access to Scouts
- Digital tools and infrastructure to support volunteers in carrying out their roles
- The opening of new provision and support with recruitment and growth